There are many kinds of sphygmomanometers on the market. How to choose a suitable sphygmomanometer
Author: Xiang Zhiping
Reference: China Medical Frontier Journal (Electronic Edition) -- 2019 Chinese family blood pressure monitoring Guide
1. At present, the international community has jointly formulated a unified AAMI / ESH / ISO sphygmomanometer accuracy verification scheme. The verified sphygmomanometers can be queried on relevant websites (www.dableducational. Org or www.bhsoc. ORG).
2. Cuff free "sphygmomanometer" or even non-contact "sphygmomanometer" looks very high-tech, but these technologies are not mature and can only be used as a reference. At present, this measurement technology is still in the research and development stage.
3. At present, the more mature is the verified upper arm automatic oscillographic electronic sphygmomanometer. For family self-test of blood pressure, it is also recommended to use a qualified upper arm automatic electronic sphygmomanometer.
4. Wrist type fully automatic oscillographic electronic sphygmomanometer is used by many people because it is easy to measure and carry and does not need to expose the upper arm, but it is generally not the first choice. Instead, it is recommended to use it as an alternative in cold areas or patients with inconvenient undressing (such as the disabled) and use it in strict accordance with the instructions.
5. There are finger type electronic sphygmomanometers on the market, which have relatively large errors and are not recommended.
6. Mercury sphygmomanometer needs special training before use. At the same time, mercury is easy to pollute the environment and endanger human health. It is not the first choice for family self-test of blood pressure.
7. Auscultation method simulates mercury column or barometer sphygmomanometer. Due to the high requirements for auscultation, professional training is required, and it is not recommended to use family self-test blood pressure. Whether electronic sphygmomanometers or mercury sphygmomanometers are used for a period of time, they need to be calibrated regularly, usually once a year, and relatively perfect large enterprises will also provide calibration services.
So what should we pay attention to when using an electronic sphygmomanometer to measure blood pressure?
1. Before measuring blood pressure, rest in a quiet state for at least 5 minutes and empty the bladder, that is to say, go to the toilet and pack lightly, because holding urine will affect the accuracy of blood pressure. Don't talk when taking blood pressure, and don't use electronic devices such as mobile phones and tablets. If the blood pressure is measured after meals or after exercise, you should rest for at least half an hour, then take a comfortable seat and measure it in a quiet state. Remember to keep warm when taking blood pressure in cold winter. When taking blood pressure, put your upper arm at the level of your heart.
2. Select the appropriate cuff, generally with standard specifications. Of course, for obese friends or patients with large arm circumference (> 32 cm), large-size airbag cuff should be selected to avoid measurement errors.
3. Which side is more accurate? If the blood pressure is measured for the first time, the blood pressure on the left and right sides should be measured. In the future, the side with higher blood pressure readings can be measured. Of course, if there is a great difference between the two sides, go to the hospital in time to eliminate vascular diseases, such as subclavian artery stenosis, etc.
4. For patients with initial hypertension and unstable blood pressure, blood pressure can be measured 2-3 times in the morning and evening of each day, and then the average value can be taken and recorded in the book or blood pressure monitoring form. It is best to measure continuously for 7 days.
5. When measuring blood pressure, it is recommended to measure it at least twice, with an interval of 1-2 minutes. If the difference between systolic or diastolic blood pressure on both sides is ≤ 5 mmHg, the average value of the two measurements can be taken; If the difference is > 5 mmHg, it should be measured again at this time, and the average value of the three measurements should be taken. If the difference between the first measurement and the subsequent measurement is too large, the average value of the next two measurements should be taken.
6. Many friends will ask when is the best time to take blood pressure? It is recommended to take self-test of sitting blood pressure at a relatively fixed time within 1 hour after getting up in the morning, before taking antihypertensive drugs, breakfast and after urination. In the evening, it is recommended to measure blood pressure at least half an hour after dinner and before going to bed. For friends with good blood pressure control, it is recommended to measure blood pressure at least once a week.
The blood pressure of our human body is not constant, but fluctuates all the time. Because the electronic sphygmomanometer is more sensitive, the value measured each time may be different, but as long as it is within a certain range, there is no problem, and so is the mercury sphygmomanometer.
For some arrhythmias, such as rapid atrial fibrillation, the ordinary household electronic sphygmomanometer may have deviation, and the mercury sphygmomanometer may also have Misreading in this case. At this time, it is necessary to measure several times to reduce the error.
Therefore, as long as a qualified upper arm electronic sphygmomanometer is used, in addition to the influence of some diseases, the key to whether the measured blood pressure is accurate is whether the measurement is standardized.
Post time: Mar-30-2022